Diana Sampedro Sanchez is the author of the book Baby English. She is a Spanish mom to a six year old girl that she is raising as a non-native English speaker.
On the podcast, Diana shares with us:
- Her personal journey with the English language and culture;
- How languages are managed in her home;
- Why she decided to raise her daughter in a bilingual environment;
- How she manages to stay comfortable speaking a non-native language;
- Her book Baby English and why parents may find it helpful;
- What led her to write her book;
- The type of motherese information that you will find in the book;
- The reactions she experienced from others about her decision to raise a bilingual child;
- Her thoughts on worrying about accents and pronunciation;
- Her suggestions for learning new vocabulary as a non-native parent including reading children’s books and connecting with like-minded parents;
- The approach that she uses when her daughter answers her in Spanish instead of English;
- A perspective on how to stay motivated when raising bilingual children
- Her tips to stick to English with her daughter even when she does not know the word in English
You can pick up a copy of Diana’s book from Amazon or Casa Del Libro which ships worldwide.
Check out Diana’s Facebook page for inspiration.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you found this episode useful, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to Bilingual Avenue!