On this episode, I interview Emma from Lingolised! She shares her family adventures and what an excellent job they have done to infuse culture into their everyday lives!
Episode #103 Quick Guide
On this episode, Emma discusses with us:
- Her linguistically diverse family and the languages they speak including English, Hungarian, German and Romanian;
- How she ended up in Germany and how her children are doing with their current language dynamics;
- How their languages are managed in her home;
- How the One Parent, One Language policy can have an impact in the parents language learning process;
- The impact that going to nursery in German had on her language skills;
- How a trip to Scotland showed to her daughter the value of speaking English;
- The struggles she has to find other Scottish people in her community;
- How she goes about infusing Scottish culture for her children;
- How funny it was when her daughter first started to sort out which language she was speaking;
- How she has been able to expose her daughter to Hungarian through the expat community in Stuttgart, Germany;
- The inspiration for her blog and what kind of information you can find on there.
Once we hop on the Autobahn at Bilingual Avenue, Emma shares –
- Favorite resource:
English: Debbie Doo TV Kids
Hungarian: Videos that her husband records of Hungarian events and dances
- Best advice received: Pick a strategy and stay consistent!
- What has held her back: Nothing yet! Determination has carried them through.
- Great family habit: Multilingual conversations as a family
English: We’re going on a bear hunt and Singing Kettle
Hungarian: Bogyó és Baboca
- Best Advice to others: Find a strategy that works for your family and stick to it!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you found this episode useful, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to Bilingual Avenue!