Jennifer Langkjaer is the founder of Parenting Abroad. She is married to a Dane, Thomas, and together they are the proud parents to Emma & Jacob. Jennifer has been living in Switzerland for over a decade although she is currently making a pit stop in Houston, Texas. She shares all about her experience parenting her children abroad.
In this episode, Jen shares with us:
– Her personal journey raising children abroad and about her podcast, Parenting Abroad;
– The ups and downs her children had through their language acquisition process;
– Some of the challenges she has faced with her bilingual children while living in Switzerland;
– The realizations she has had while spending a semester in the United States with her family;
– A hilarious story involving her in-laws;
– Some of her favorite resources for reinforcing English at home.
- Favorite Resources: Quizlet, Vocabulary.com, and Vocabulary Spelling City and Dybuster
- Best Advice: Don’t give up and do not sacrifice one language over another!
- What’s held her back Lack of understanding of the community language
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you found this episode useful, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to Bilingual Avenue!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via RSS